St.Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review
- Hello everybody, today i will be reviewing the St.Ives Apricot scrub.This is my first product that i own from this particular brand.As my skin being sensitive/hypoallergenic i am skeptical about every single product especially when it comes to my face.But this product was a little eye-catchy for me as it claimed the following things which i would always prefer in all of my products
The product claims :
Ingredients used :
Natural ingredients :
- Apricot fruit extract
- Walnut shell powder
Directions to use :
The texture of the product is just like any other apricot scrubs.Its a lot grainy.As the product claimed it being a deep exfoliator it stands true to its claim.Overall its very creamy as well and glides on your skin very smoothly.
Sniff test :
The smell of this product is very pleasant just like those fuzzy apricots yet not being too strong.
INR 349 for 170 g
My personal experience using it :
As this was one of the most expensive scrubs i have ever used i had great expectations from this product. As it claims to be all natural i thought it would work well for my face, but it didnt .I used to use this product almost every alternate day on my face. After two weeks i noticed tiny pussy bumps coming on my face which made me stop using the product. But it being expensive for me i still wanted to figure out a way to use it. Later i came to know from my dermatologist that scrubs which are grainy could be abrasive/harsh on sensitive skinned people like me. So i started using it once a month to get rid of all the dead cells and blackheads. Using it after a long interval of time didn’t really bother my skin. But the same product work amazing on my body even if used daily which i am pretty much surprised about. It really makes my skin soft and healthy looking especially after shaving.
How i use it :
I use it for my face and my body both
- For face i squeeze small amount onto fingertips and massage it over damp face and then i rinse it off thoroughly.I use it on my face only once a month as my skin being sensitive.
- For body i take a dollop of the product and spread it on my legs and arms during my bath and massage it gently for few minutes and then rinse it off (only for special occasions) to get that smooth silky skin.
Benefits of the product :
- Deeply exfoliates to reveal smooth skin
- Makes skin radiant and glowing
- Made with 100% natural exfoliants like walnut shell powder
- Hypoallergenic and paraben free and oil free
- Dermatologist tested and non-comedogenic (doesn’t block/clog your pores)
- Keeps your skin well hydrated
Drawbacks of the product :
- It can be abrasive for sensitive skin
My recommendation :
I would not recommend for people with sensitive skin but you can try it on your body , but for normal to oily to dry skin people it works amazingly i totally recommend this product to them worth buying.